Hey, kids, just a quick note to thank Geek Soul Brother for the vote of entertainment confidence in regard to the illustrious 7 x 7 Award bequeathed to me. I appreciate being included in so many informative and entertaining blogs. I’m in good company.
I’ve been a writer for quite some time. I have a published horror novel (that I never promote because the publisher is the most corrupt company on the east coast), I used to write a lot of paid content articles on various topics, and I write for pleasure, obviously quite often. Having a creative outlet like this is awesome. Like others have posted, I didn’t know what to expect when I first started this site, but knew it was going to be a good time. Sometimes we write to inform, other times for our own personal satisfaction, but always to entertain. You can literally go to 100,000 websites for similar information, but I enjoy when people actively choose to visit mine. So, if you are reading this, thank you for being here and caring enough to poke around through this mass of articles and information. I feel very passionately about the topics I choose, and want that to be evident regardless of the article size.
I happily accept the award, and if you keep reading, you’ll find the requirements for acceptance. Thanks again to all of you, I would still do it without you, but you all sure make it much more enjoyable. 🙂
Nate aka, Fister Roboto
And because of one person in particular, I have received the illustrious 7 x 7 Award. I am honored and humbly accept this award. But to officially accept it, I must do the following (and if nominated you can do this too):
1. Thank the person that gave it to me.
2. Share seven random facts about myself.
3. Share seven of my worthy posts under the following headers: Most Beautiful Piece, Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated and Most Pride Worthy.
4. Nominate seven other bloggers and notify them.
Seven Random Facts about Fister Roboto & Left Hand Horror:
1.I used to plan out elaborate horror-related pranks with my friends. I toned it down after faking a séance gone wrong one Halloween that resulted in one of my terrified friends almost jumping out of a third story window to escape the terrible forces I had angered. It was pretty funny though. 😉 Sorry, Sherri.
2. I used to spend countless hours in the Aikido dojo. I was attacked by a giant hillbilly at a car wash and severely injured the guy before I even knew what happened. People are messed up!
3. I come by my comic-love naturally. I used to have a neighborhood comic club in my attic when I was 8 or 9. All the neighborhood kids could come over to trade issues or just sit up there and read comics. One of my friends almost choked to death on a missile from a Shogun Warrior and he wasn’t allowed to come over after that.
4. I have an odd affinity for black cats. The one I have right now is named Sterling Mallory Archer. He kicks ass. While he is prone to hairballs, he doesn’t seem to have the womanizing, alcoholic traits like his namesake.
5. I’m the biggest fan of The Simpsons that I know. I literally have a spare bedroom that I painted yellow and filled with every Simpsons Playmates action figure under the sun.
6. I was related to Randy “Macho Man” Savage. RIP, Macho.
7. I have a tattoo from Nick Wiggins/The Mark of Cain Tattoos (Champaign, IL) so horrifying that it’s made a handful of children cry. I still get random looks from strangers.
Seven Fister Roboto & Left Hand Horror Posts:
Most Beautiful – RIP to My Beloved Cat, Lafayette Reynolds Seriously, I still can’t read this post without bawling.
Most Helpful – Promising Halloween Week Programming Pt 4
Most Popular – The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Movie Review Terrible film, short and pissed off review, who knew?
Most Controversial – Antichrist Movie Review
Most Surprisingly Successful – The Walking Dead Meets Clutch
– I Saw the Devil Movie Review
Most Pride Worthy – Left Hand Horror’s Interview with “Familiar” Star, Robert Nolan
And Now for My Nominations:
1. Old Game Reviewer. If not for this old school friend, you might not be reading my blog. OGR is a 100% community geek site. You will not be let down; you can even write there. I encourage you to visit this place daily, hell, hourly if you can stomach the geek.
2. Mandy’s Morgue of Terror. Mandy was the first horror blogger to get in on LHH eventually leaning toward a 100% community horror site. She has a great page, that’s chock full of horror bits and pieces. I think you’ll appreciate her flair for horror.
3. You Jivin’ Me, Turkey?. Bradley has a great site and is a much appreciated regular poster on my site. Please visit him often to stay entertained by movies, music, baseball, and life. Cool cat!
4. The Sparrow Shall Rise. In the mood for the ramblings of an artsy kid that really just wants to write about anything that enters her mind? Read on.
5.ThatBuddha. A fellow nerd and Zen practitioner. His honesty and writing style are both refreshing and entertaining.
6. Random Horror. A nice site for horror movie reviews, and lots of ’em.
7.Flailthroughs: “We play games in Japanese…we can’t read Japanese.” Great gimmick, cool site.