Halloween isn’t Halloween at my house unless I log a few late night hours playing some terrifying games in total darkness. This list is in no particular order. The console listed merely refers to the console I used.
10. Resident Evil (1996) Playstation
Anyone who says they played through this horror classic and claimed they didn’t get scared is a damn liar. RE helped define horror survival and made me scared of racoons and umbrellas.Tell me the doberman’s didn’t scare you to death. Liar.
9. Dead Space 2 (2011) Xbox 36o
If you like sweating, nervously scrambling for ammo and supplies while strategically killing Necromorphs, then you are home.
8. F.E.A.R 2 (2009) Xbox 360
Bloody, disturbing, and a genuine terrorfest from start to finish. The lighting and hallucinations alone earn them a place here.
7. Silent Hill 2 (2002) Playstation 2
This game kept me up at night even after I was done playing. Freaky as hell.
6. Dead Rising 2 (2010) Xbox 360
Everyone loves feeling trapped.
5. Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly (2003) Playstation 2
Nothing but a camera between you and every spirit under the sun. Yikes.
4. Bioshock (2007) Xbox 360
Tell me you didn’t freak out the first time you saw a Big Daddy or heard that creepy music in Rapture.
3. The Suffering (2004) Xbox
I will never go to jail after playing this beast.
2. Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (2001) Sega Dreamcast
The name says it all.
1. Resident Evil 4 (2005) Playstation 2
The best, most action packed horror game ever. I can’t speak for the new HD version, but this game is the shit.