I think there is some widely accepted truth to this. I’ve seen them all and I tend to agree for the most part.
20. The Invisible Man. (the poster for this film is A+)
19. 28 Weeks Later
18. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
17. The Thing. Thanks for not remaking this one Rob Zombie. I’ll hold out for The Lords of Salem!
16. The Abominable Snowman. Nope. Not on my list.Kitschy, fun, not really terrifying.
15. The Hills Have Eyes. Avoid the remake.
14. An American Werewolf in London
13. The Curse of Frankenstein Will Haunt You Forever. Well, maybe not forever, at least for 90 minutes.
12. Four Dracula Films. I’m down with The Horror of Dracula, but, meh with the rest.
11. Nosferatu. Terrified me as a kid. Terrified.
10. The Wolf Man
9. The Phantom of the Opera. This one doesn’t do much for me. Sorry old schoolers.
8. Alien. Still makes me nervous.
7. House of Wax
6. The Mummy
5. Friday the 13th
4. The Shining
2. Frankenstein, Dracula, and the Universal Monsters
1. Halloween. This is my all time favorite, so I agree.
What was missing? It would be a long list to name them all in 20 slots. I have to ask where The Exorcist was. The Devil’s Rejects deserved a spot as well.